Hydrophilic swellable mastic, adhesives and other products.
Hydrophilic swellable mastic
SynMastic is a high quality, one component polyurethane material which swells in contact with water. Upon contact with water, the mastic can expand up to 450 % of its original volume.
SynMastic can be used for:
- Sealing voids between rough surfaces and the HydroBar Original or HydroBar Evo.
- Sealing gaps behind tight turns of HydroBar Original or HydroBar Evo.
- Adhesion for the HydroBar Original or HydroBar Evo to the substrate.
- Water and gastight sealing of most pipes in gas, water, and cable ducts.
- Water and gastight up to 5 bar.
- Excellent adhesion on a wide range of construction materials both in interior and exterior applications.
- Permanently elastic after curing.
- Easy application on both vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Swells up to 450% of its original volume, under constant water load. After 24 hours it swells to 200%, after 72 hours to 300% of its original volume.
- Returns to its original shape when the water contact is cleared.
- Solvent free.
After application of the mastic, the HydroBar must be pressed down, to ensure full contact with the mastic to achieve optimal contact.
Size: 310 ml Cartridge, 12 cartridges per box
Application of SynMastic
No primer is required when applying SynMastic on a clean concrete surface.
For optimal adhesion, a solid, clean, dust-free, oil-free and fat-free surface is recommended. If required, cleaning with acetone or isopropanol or other appropriate solutions is recommended.
Optimal adhesion is achieved when the full contact area of the HydroBar is covered with mastic.
When as a bedding material, after application, the HydroBar must be pressed down to ensure full contact with the SynMastic beneath it thus achieving optimal adhesion.
When used as a filler under, behind or between HydroBar, ensure all gaps are filled with SynMastic for the full width of the HydroBar.
Watch our HydroBar Original installation video
- as a bed to fix HydroBar Original.
- to even out undulating concrete, so it fills all the gaps beneath the Hydrobar.
- to fill gaps behind HydroBar Original and HydroBar Evo, when it is needed in situations such as 90o bends.