Manorteq AquaRend steel reinforcement for use with AquaRend mortar.
Manorteq AquaRend Fix-S is for the mechanical bonding of Manorteq AquaRend Thix or Manorteq AquaRend Flow to the substrate.
It is also recommended for use in the repair of mechanically loaded horizontal areas (such as those subject to high hydrostatic pressure).
AquaRend Fix-S is intended primarily for providing additional bond and securing the AquaRend range to the substrate, especially where negative hydrostatic pressure is prevalent.
- Ease of fixing
- Minimal cover of render required
- Suitable for floors with built in heating
- Ideal for repair of mechanically loaded horizontal areas such as garages, warehouses etc.
Manorteq AquaRend Fix-S is manufactured from 2 mm diameter wire welded in to 40 mm × 40 mm squares and is supplied in 3000 mm × 1500 mm × 1.5 sheets.
- Prepare the surface as detailed in the relevant Manorteq AquaRend Thix or AquaRend Flow technical data sheets.
- Manorteq AquaRend Fix-S is installed by being attached to pre-prepared anchors (either 3-6 mm steel bars or screws). Anchoring options are as follows:
- Option 1
- The mesh is fixed to steel bars, (3–6 mm diameter), which have been installed in predrilled holes and secured using Manorteq NonShrink Thix.
- The centres of the steel bars should not exceed 250-300 mm apart.
- The depth of the hole containing the steel bar should be a minimum of 65 mm. The bar should be inserted the full depth of the hole and protrude a minimum of 10 mm from the surface.
- Option 2
- The mesh is fixed with screws, (3–6 mm in diameter), screwed into “screw plugs” in predrilled holes.
- The centres of the screws should not exceed 250-300 mm apart.
- The depth of the hole containing the screw should be a minimum of 65 mm. The screw should be inserted the full depth of the hole and protrude a minimum of 10 mm from the surface.
- Recommended number of screws/m2 is approximately 6 to 12, dependant on the loading and the nature of the base.
- Manorteq AquaRend Fix-S can be welded or tied to the steel bars or screws. The mesh must have a gap of 10 mm from the substrate.
- In chemically aggressively environments please contact your local Manorteq representative for alternative forms of mesh reinforcement.
- Upon fixing of the AquaRend Fix-S, and prior to the re-profiling, the substrate shall be sufficiently moistened. It is typically not recommended to use a bonding agent as the steel mesh and a wettened surface usually will provide a sufficient bond.
When re-profiling larger areas of mortar avoid undesirable mechanical loading (e.g. vibration, deformation, shocks etc.). Failure to do so will affect the bonding of the mesh with the Manorteq AquaRend mortars in the early stages of their curing, and result in lower adhesion to the substrate.