AquaRend mortar for use as render or screed.
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine
Designed specifically for fine-finishing of repaired concrete, and concrete that has minor surface deterioration
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is a single-component, dry, fine grain mortar mix designed specifically for fine-finishing of repaired concrete, and concrete that has minor surface deterioration.
It is also used to provide a super fine finish over Manorteq AquaRend Thix or Manorteq AquaRend Flow.
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is for applications where a super fine finish layer is required (2 mm – 4 mm). Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine, when used as part of the Manorteq AquaRend system, creates a barrier layer on the surface of a structure which is impermeable to liquids including but not limited to water, oil-based products and organic solvents.
If required, paints or other coatings can be directly applied on to the Manorteq AquaRend repaired area. Any coating applied must be breathable. For further guidance please contact your local Manorteq representative.
Note: Manorteq Ltd makes no representations or warranties regarding the compatibility of Manorteq products with other surface applied materials. It is the responsibility of the installer of these surface-applied materials to take whatever measures are necessary, including trials and testing under project conditions, to determine the suitability and compatibility of the coating being placed upon the Manorteq product.
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine, is classified as an R3 mortar with a low modulus of elasticity, in accordance with EN 1504-3.
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine, when used as a stand-alone product, does not have sufficient thickness to be used in conjunction with Manorteq reinforcement. If an application requires the use of a Manorteq AquaRend reinforcement and also requires a Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine Finish then Manorteq AquaRend Thix or Fine must be used first at sufficient thicknesses to embed the reinforcement correctly.
EN 1504-3 – Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures. Structural and non-structural repair.
- Good adhesion to base with excellent mechanical properties
- Limited shrinkage
- Frost resistant
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is a single-component, dry, fine grain mortar designed specifically for fine finishing of repaired concrete, and for concrete that has minor surface deterioration. It is also used to provide a super fine finish over Manorteq AquaRend Thix or Manorteq AquaRend Flow.
The Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is for applications where a fine finish layer is required (2 mm – 4 mm).
Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is classified as an R3 mortar with a low modulus of elasticity in accordance with EN 1504-3.
* Whilst a perfect application at these thicknesses will provide a waterproof layer, there is however a higher probability of imperfections in the application which would compromise the integrity of the waterproofing.
** Waterproof subject to correct application. All Manorteq products should be applied in strict accordance with the installation procedures.
- Remove all damaged, loose, weather-worn concrete. Any dust and loose particles shall be removed from the substrate before application. The concrete surface must not be contaminated by substances which can negatively affect adhesion of the mortar to the substrate (e.g. oil or other products).
- Before the application of Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine, the substrate must be wetted so that the surface is damp, but not holding water on the surface. Rinsing with pressurised clean water before application is recommended to remove any dust from the application surface.
- Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine is prepared by mixing with clean water.
- Recommended mixing ratio is 5.00 – 5.75 litres of clean water per 1 No. 25 kg bag of product.
- The recommended batch of water can be adjusted slightly to reach optimum workability. If the added water exceeds the recommended quantity by 10%, risk of cracking is significantly enhanced. It can also compromise the performance of the mechanical properties of the product.
- Working time of the product is typically 50 – 60 minutes at 20 °C.
- Neither the temperature of the substrate, nor the temperature of the ambient air, shall be below +5 °C or above +30 °C.
- Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine can be applied either mechanically (by dry or wet spraying) or manually. Layers must not exceed 4 mm thickness.
- Proper adhesion of the material to the substrate in the application stage is of fundamental importance.
- After the initial set of the last layer, a dry polyurethane finisher is used for the smoothing of the surface.
- Attention should be taken to avoid direct exposure to the sun, wind and other factors which accelerate evaporation and have a detrimental effect. It is desirable to properly moisten the repaired areas several times a day for minimum of 3 days following the repair or curing agents can be used to aid this process.