AquaRend waterproof mortar for use as a screed.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow
Designed specifically for waterproofing and resurfacing concrete and masonry structures, for horizontal, level surface applications
Manorteq AquaRend Flow is a single-component, dry mortar mix designed specifically for waterproofing, patching, and resurfacing of deteriorated concrete and masonry structures.
The AquaRend Flow is for horizontal, level surface applications only. For vertical, sloping or overhead surfaces, please see Manorteq AquaRend Thix.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow can be used on its own, or in combination with a secondary layer. Depending on the finish required, either Manorteq AquaRend Fine or Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine. Both are compatible with Manorteq AquaRend Flow.
Comprising of an aggregate size of up to 4 mm, Manorteq AquaRend Flow is to be applied between 10 mm – 30 mm thickness.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow can provide a waterproof layer. It has been tested in accordance with the standard EN 12390-8 up to 50 metres hydrostatic head (limit of test).
If required, paints or other coatings can be directly applied on to the Manorteq AquaRend repaired area. Any coating applied must be breathable. For further guidance please contact your local Manorteq representative.
Note: Manorteq Ltd makes no representations or warranties regarding the compatibility of Manorteq products with other surface applied materials. It is the responsibility of the installer of these surface-applied materials to take whatever measures are necessary, including trials and testing under project conditions, to determine the suitability and compatibility of the coating being placed upon the Manorteq product.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow is classified as an R3 mortar with a low modulus of elasticity, in accordance with EN 1504-3.
- Applied manually or by spraying
- Good adhesion to base with excellent mechanical properties
- Limited shrinkage
- Waterproof and tested up to 5 bar / 50m hydrostatic head (limit of test)
- Freeze-thaw resistant
- High chemical resistance
- Seals the concrete surface to water, oils, organic solvents, etc.
EN 1504-3 – Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures. Structural and non-structural repair.
EN 14891 – Liquid applied water impermeable products for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesives.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow is a single-component, dry mortar mix designed specifically for waterproofing, patching and resurfacing of deteriorated concrete and masonry structures.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow is for horizontal surface applications only. For vertical, sloping or overhead surfaces please see Manorteq AquaRend Thix.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow can be used on its own, or in combination with a secondary layer. Depending on the finish required, either Manorteq AquaRend Fine or Manorteq AquaRend S-Fine are compatible with Manorteq AquaRend Flow.
Where enhanced bond is required, or where water ingress is from the negative side, either Manorteq AquaRend Fix-S or Manorteq AquaRend Fix-B should be considered.
Manorteq AquaRend Flow is classified as an R3 mortar with a low modulus of elasticity in accordance with EN 1504-3.
* Whilst a perfect application at these thicknesses will provide a waterproof layer, there is however a higher probability of imperfections in the application which would compromise the integrity of the waterproofing.
** Waterproof subject to correct application. All Manorteq products should be applied in strict accordance with the installation procedures.
- Remove all damaged, loose, weather worn concrete. Any dust and loose particles shall be removed from the substrate before application. The concrete surface must not be contaminated by substances which can negatively affect adhesion of the mortar to the substrate (e.g. oil or other products).
- Corroded reinforcement should be repaired where necessary to the satisfaction of the resident engineer.
- Before the application of Manorteq AquaRend Flow, the substrate must be wetted so that the surface is damp, but not holding water on the surface. Rinsing with pressurised clean water before application is recommended to remove any dust from the application surface.
- Manorteq AquaRend Flow is prepared by mixing with clean water. It is necessary to use a low-speed mixer with forced circulation.
- Recommended mixing ratio is 3.35 – 3.50 litres of clean water per 1 No. (25 kg) bag of product.
- The recommended batch of water can be adjusted slightly to reach optimum workability. If the added water exceeds the recommended quantity by 10%, risk of cracking is significantly enhanced. It can also compromise the performance of the mechanical properties of the product.
- Working time of the product is typically 50 – 60 minutes at 20 °C.
- Neither the temperature of the substrate, nor the temperature of the ambient air, shall be below +5 °C or above +30 °C.
- Manorteq AquaRend Flow can be applied manually. Layers must not exceed 30 mm thickness.
- After initial set of the last layer, a dry polyurethane finisher is used for the smoothing of the surface.
- Wet surface finishing is not allowed.
- Repaired surfaces must be properly cured immediately after completion. Special attention should be taken to avoid direct exposure to the sun, wind and other factors which accelerate evaporation and have a detrimental effect. Proper curing must be undertaken to prevent early drying and the subsequent issues associated. Curing agents can be used to aid this process.